Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might be in the right place!
We are looking for a new Development Manager to help us lead, mentor, and grow a high-performing software development team and cultivate an inclusive environment that inspires the team to do their best work. Under your guidance, the team will take on the critical mission of supporting and enhancing our point-of-sale product's API and 3rd party integrations.
If you're a leader with a solid technical background, have a proven track record of supporting, mentoring, and leading a team, and have a reputation for delivering great software, you might be perfect. If you enjoy problem-solving mixed with pragmatism and collaboration to develop products that solve real-world problems for customers around the globe, then you're what we're looking for. Your hands-on attitude and ability to explore new territories will help you layout the best plan for the team to succeed in their mission.
The smooth communication and collaboration with fellow product, development, and DevOps team members around the globe will be integral to the team's success. If you are inspired by interesting technical challenges, working on solutions that matter,, and striving for excellence within our international team, we would love to hear from you.
You will take an active role in building and driving a passionate engineering team dedicated to the API Integration project. Your team's mandate is to enhance and extend connection with a range of partners' services that expand our global product's features. The team will contribute to our cloud platform by focusing on software quality, code readability, and the long-term company vision.
- Drive the development of scalable and maintainable architectures
- Engender trust as lead and partner of a development team
- Work closely with other teams, architects, product managers, and engineering leaders to align on approach and priorities
- Guide, motivate, and grow your team of senior developers as they solve complex business problems
- Contribute to continuous improvement of our software delivery processes and practices
- Experience leading a team of developers through successful software projects
- Strong experience delivering and managing horizontally scalable systems in production
- Advanced skills in Java and ideally one other backend language
- Hands-on knowledge of primary cloud services like AWS, GCP, and Azure
- A good understanding of Agile development and continuous delivery best practices
- Curiosity and passion for diving into stimulating challenges
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Ability to provide coaching, mentoring, and context to team members
Nice To Have
- Experience working with a distributed international team
- Interest in eCommerce and POS systems
- Experience building scalable SaaS solutions
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
What's in it for you?
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture with the option of working remotely or from one of our offices
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Exposure to modern and proven technology
- Tons of growth opportunities in technical or people management roles
- Excellent benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skillset, forge excellent relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!