Lightspeed is continuing to hire talented new colleagues with all interviewing and onboarding done remotely. All our new Lightspeeders will continue to work from home until it's safe to return to our beautiful offices. When our offices reopen, we will provide the choice to partly work from home or return full time to work in an office depending on the requirements of the specific role.
You are an experienced CS and People Manager who cannot wait to join us, Lightspeed, on our journey as we grow our customer Onboarding team in EMEA. You will use your experience to lead a team of Product Specialists across our offices (Germany, France, UK, Belgium and the Netherlands) in Europe with the single goal to deliver on the best customer onboarding experience.
Our Product Specialists are a part of the EMEA onboarding team who are responsible for the remote software implementation and training of hundreds of new retail and hospitality customers across EMEA every month. With customer centric leadership and strong project management skills you will bring a blend of energy and drive to help your team and onboarding processes get to the next level!
Reporting to the Manager Onboarding of EMEA, this role involves significant opportunity to interact with all parts of the organization at all levels and highly impact Lightspeed's growth journey.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Provide day-to-day guidance, training, strategic leadership and oversight to the team of product specialists through coaching and mentorship
- Develop a positive team relationship by being supportive, visible, easily accessible and proactively encouraging daily motivation and recognition
- Active participation in complex projects that span across functions, regions and segments as we roll out new products in new markets
- Continuously identify ways to improve how we onboard customers and work with the team to act on and implement those improvements
- Work closely together with the other teams leads within the onboarding team to guarantee close collaborating across all functions within the team
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team, conduct team meetings, deliver performance reviews and evaluations
- Ensure as many customers as possible go live with our software in the least amount of time and with a great customer experience
- Prepare reports and other documentation on the team initiatives, targets and processes and give insights during weekly meetings
- Closely collaborate with leaders within sales, support, product and operations to ensure an optimal customer experience throughout the whole customer journey.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge related to the company, industry standards and our products
- Optimize the usage of the software tools we use such as scheduling software, Salesforce & Zendesk.
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- 3+ years of customer facing experience working in a high growth, fast paced software organization. (Preferably in onboarding, sales or support)
- 1+ year experience as a team lead or manager
- Bachelor’s or master's degree in marketing or business, or an equivalent degree and/or experience
- Strong project management skills and the ability and drive to get things done
- Ability to thrive in a competitive environment and execute tasks within short time lines
- Results-driven, metrics-oriented, and resourceful
- Passion for people and technology
- Excellent spoken and written English and fluent in a second language (Dutch, German or French)
- Strong presentation skills
- Training/mentoring skills that focus on improving performance and morale
- Managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and results oriented
- You live at driving distance of one of our offices in EMEA
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Knowledge of Mac OS X and iOS
- Experience with Salesforce
- Retail experience
- Hospitality experience
- eCommerce experience
What’s in It for You?
You have the opportunity to join a fast-paced, industry leading global organization headquartered in the Canadian market. You will be exposed to and have autonomy to solve challenging problems that enable the company to grow and succeed. You will learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark. This role is at the heart of building our company with new At lightspeed, we are dedicated to bringing cities and communities to life by powering SMBs. Come and help us build our communities!
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!