- We work in small focused agile product squads where every member of the team can contribute ideas and shape features from the early conception right through to delivery. We’re continually developing and improving our tools and processes in order to deliver better product as well as team quality and productivity.
- You'll work alongside other brilliant engineers to craft robust systems and beautiful interfaces. You'll write clear, performant, testable and elegant code and be a strong advocate for modern development practices. Collaborate with others in technical discussions, code reviews and architecture reviews.
You'll have the opportunity to work on different areas of multiple products depending on your skillset and preference. We have a game changing roadmap of current and new products and projects in the pipeline with many exciting development opportunities such as
- Building new microservices using NodeJs and Typescript while leveraging AWS suite of services
- Creating microfrontends using React or potentially newer frontend frameworks such as Svelte
- Working on our flagship Hospitality platform and services in Java
- Work with big data on reporting for our customers while utilising Machine Learning
- Native application development using React Native
- API development and integrations with the Lightspeed platform
- At least 2 years commercial experience as a software engineer
- Collaborative, test-driven, and agile full-stack development
NodeJs or GoLang, and Java as a plus
- Advanced SQL (MySQL, Postgres)
- Design patterns such as OOD, MVC and SOLID principles
- Analytical mind with strong problem solving and critical thinking abilities
- Jest, Jasmine, Karma, Playwright, Cypress, Selenium and other testing frameworks/tools
- CircleCI, Travis or other CI/CD platform
- Typescript, Flowtype
- Redis, Memcached, DynamoDB and other NoSQL data stores
- Experience in the Java ecosystem (Spring boot, Maven, Mockito, JUnit, Hibernate)
- Experience building microservices (Node, Golang, Serverless, API Gateway, Lambda, Amplify, AppSync, GraphQL)
- Familiarity with the whole AWS ecosystem (EC2, RDS, Aurora, ElastiCache, ElasticBeanstalk, SQS, SNS, etc.)
- Experience with real time messaging systems (Pub/Sub, Kafka, etc.)
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience with native iOS/Android app development in Obj-C, Swift, React Native, Java, Kotlin a plus
- Security and cryptography (including OAuth 2.0 and XSS countermeasures)
- Brew up? We have a full self-service cafe set up in the office featuring coffee from Australia’s finest roasters (think Mecca, Sample, Industry Beans etc.), with our very own coffee experts floating around to teach you a trick or two
- Gelato Messina fridge stocked with new flavours on a regular basis
- Fully stocked fridge of different craft beers #PoweredByLightspeed
- Work hard and play hard with table tennis and foosball
- Organised activities such as hackathons, board game nights
- Awesome office space located in Chippendale, NSW
- Flexible working arangements
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!