As a key member of Lightspeed’s dynamic in-house Marketing Content team in Belgium and the Netherlands, you'll be the voice of Lightspeed for our Flemish audience, supporting initiatives that expand our reach into new and existing markets. You’ll be a go-to expert on social media and your local market, supporting the global Social Media Manager and regional Marketing Team Lead on blog and social posts, product launches, campaign execution and editorial planning, writing and posting content for a range of projects on multiple channels. Your work will have a direct impact on positioning Lightspeed as the leading omnichannel commerce platform for the hotel and restaurant industries in Belgium and the Netherlands.
You have a strong passion for social media, writing and marketing coupled with a love of process and a can-do attitude. We value fun and hard work, therefore we are looking for someone with an outgoing, positive personality, strong people skills, and a strong desire to learn. We're a fun team and have a great company culture. With talented marketing teams throughout Europe, North America and Australia, you’ll have lots of opportunities to collaborate internationally—we can’t wait to meet you!
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Owning the local social media calendar, including writing, posting and reporting, monitoring and analyzing our platforms and contributing to new social media campaigns and opportunities
- Writing and posting blogs and other content to support the editorial calendar (webinars, customer stories, etc.)
- Delivering highly polished, creative and impactful copy that supports the go-to-market strategy and launch of new products and product updates
- Writing and managing organic social posts and handling community management and crisis management
- Reporting on traffic, engagement and lead metrics and recommending improvements
- Optimizing post performance with guidance from acquisitions and social media leads
- Developing an in-depth knowledge of our key products, customers and business types, and building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Staying up to date on digital marketing and social media industry news and trends and proactively sharing insights and recommendations with the global team
- Managing relationships with bloggers, influencers and other partners
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- Excellent Flemish and English writing and speaking skills
- Proven experience in social media, marketing, copywriting, or journalism
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- In-depth knowledge of social media and content marketing trends
- Knowledge of social media platforms and best practices
- Excellent people skills and the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams, from sales to product to support
- Ability to take complex concepts and explain them simply and briefly
- Strong empathy for users and a passion for creating technical content that connects
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills—equal parts creative and data-driven
- Outstanding writing and translation skills and crazy attention to detail
- Ability to poke holes in copy—including your own—and iterate quickly
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Experience and contacts in the retail or hospitality industry
- Experience managing an editorial calendar
- Technical writing and/or journalism experience
- Intermediate to advanced SEO and web analytics knowledge
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!