As the head of the Internal Audit function, you will help establish the value-added function, create the annual audit plan, oversee and participate in the plan’s execution, analyze and report findings to management while training and guiding the Internal Audit team members.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Creation of the annual Internal Audit Plan and leading risk-based audits within a dynamic business environment operating in 10+ countries
- Oversee and participate in the execution of internal audit and advisory mandates, including preparing high impact reporting and presenting recommendations to executives and the audit committee
- Follow up with the business for process improvements, cost saving opportunities and value-added Management Action Plans to address the identified findings to reduce risk across the organization
- Analyze audit results to help better understand, communicate and evaluate any significant internal control, accounting or operational business issues
- Oversee and conduct research of new and emerging issues and best practices in risk assessment and auditing
- Oversee the development of the Internal audit team by providing guidance and training
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- At least 15 years of experience leading the Internal Audit function in a public company, including creating internal audit plans and executing mandates
- Significant experience and proven success in senior internal audit roles in a fast paced, hyper-growth public company setting with clear tenure of leadership and management of others.
- Outstanding influencing, relationship building and negotiation skills;
- Several years of experience within the technology sector
- CPA and/or CIA, or equivalent designation
- Strong internal control (SOX) and accounting knowledge
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent written and spoken English
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Knowledge of AuditBoard and NetSuite
- Written and spoken French
Who you are
- You are a leader who is passionate about Internal audit and will provide training and guidance to the newly formed internal audit team
- You are self-motivated, detail-oriented, able to multitask and work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and embrace rapidly changing environment with the ability to manage well through ambiguity and complexity
- You have great analytical skills, and professional judgement
What’s in it for you
- Autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of remote work
- Competitive benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to learn, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family - a true Canadian tech success story
- Constant development of both your leadership skills and business acumen with limitless growth
- You will be a key leader within the finance team and a mentor for a hard working team
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!