Hi there! Thanks for stopping by
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We are looking for a Senior UX Designer to join our NuORDER by Lightspeed team!
NuORDER by Lightspeed has a strong history of innovation and has built the leading wholesale B2B commerce platform in the cloud.
About the Role
In this role, you will work collaboratively and build iteratively with a multidisciplinary team of developers, product managers, UX Designers, and researchers. Working alongside experienced industry leaders, the role would quickly establish you as a key member of a talented, tight-knit team and a real force for creating value for our enterprise product used by thousands everyday. If you’re looking for a challenge, this is it.
The ideal candidate is an experienced UX Designer who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with complex, interconnected problems. You’re able to set UX goals, direction and strategy that empowers your team with clarity and purpose. You build trust-based relationships across disciplines and leverage diverse perspectives to deeply understand and improve how your team ships impactful work.
A leader in our industry, NuORDER by Lightspeed, continues to invest in expanding its advantage in wholesale eCommerce.
The role can be located remotely across the United States.
- Improve the merchant experience. You’ll own projects from start to finish, while leading various UX initiatives including running design sprints to define and explore merchant problems, content mapping, sketching, wireframing, low and high fidelity prototyping, and leading stakeholder reviews
- Collaborate with different disciplines. You will work closely with engineers, product managers, product researchers, and front-end developers to explore, build and ship your designs. You will help other disciplines understand the value design can bring to a project and ultimately build and ship the best products
- Be a mentor to less-experienced designers and make your team stronger. You’ll provide feedback to your peers to help strengthen your team and NuORDER as a whole. You will help your teammates build context, strong decision-making skills, and empathy for our merchants
- Developing baseline knowledge in all our UX disciplines (Research, Design, Content Strategy, and UX Development) and deep expertise in your product area.
- Establishing clear definitions of quality to enable your team to ship exceptional user experiences on your projects.
- Contribute to the UX team’s roadmap of usability and enhancement improvements across the platform.
- 5+ years of experience in product design.
- Experience and expertise of solving enterprise application (eCommerce, B2B./B2B2C) interaction design problems.
- You’re a sharp, strong visual communicator. You care equally about users, utility and design details.
- A deep understanding of the end-to-end iterative design process including how to develop and use design research, job stories, journey mapping, content modeling, wire-framing, prototyping, user testing, and high-fidelity visuals to achieve human-centered design solutions
- Experience collaborating closely with multiple disciplines including product and engineering
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills; you have the ability to help your team and stakeholders understand the “why” behind your design rationale
- Ability to set the right direction for the team, help them succeed in their craft as well as with the business impact.
- Proficiency with current industry design and collaboration tools such as Figma, Sketch, Github, etc.
NuORDER is a transformative wholesale eCommerce platform connecting merchants and suppliers. The platform is used to deliver a seamless, more collaborative wholesale process and to make smarter buys in real-time. Since starting up in 2011, it continues to be the chosen solution for over 3,000 brands and 500,000 retailers globally.
As part of the NuORDER journey, we joined the Lightspeed family in July 2021! Lightspeed Commerce is the one-stop commerce platform for merchants around the world to simplify, scale and create exceptional customer experiences. By joining forces, we will embolden businesses with the tools they need to simplify their operations, scale their ambitions, and unify the commerce ecosystem.
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Flexible working policy
- Health insurance
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Mental health online platform and counseling & coaching services
- LinkedIn Learning license
- Volunteer day
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!