Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well... you might just be in the right place!
We're looking for a Lead UX Designer to join our global Lightspeed ONE team and help design the way Lightspeed customers interact with us to set their business up for success. As an integral part of the product development team, you will be responsible for providing actionable insights and strategies for your Product, Development, and UI Design counterparts as the UX advocate.
What you’ll be doing:
- Identifying the core problems of our customers by leading UX research for the Lightspeed ONE team
- Building the foundation of the UX discipline as part of the Lightspeed ONE design leadership team and driving UX maturity
- Collaborating with internal disciplines such as engineers, product managers, and other stakeholders to explore, build and ship the best possible products at scale
- Designing solutions based on research findings along with UI design counterparts
- Playing a key role in building and managing the long term product roadmap in collaboration with senior design and product team members
What you need to bring:
We’re a global team of 40 people located in Europe and North America. Our team is responsible for delivering a seamless end-to-end experience for our internal and external customers.
We're looking for a lead level candidate who can bring the following:
- Experience leading and performing UX design and research projects for enterprise level SaaS products
- Experience developing research standards, processes, and guidelines
- Strong analytical skills to synthesize and deliver research findings to product, design, and development stakeholders
- Providing mentorship to fellow designers
- Proficiency with current industry design and collaboration tools such as Figma, Dovetail, Miro, Maze, etc.
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and the possibility of full remote work.
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday.
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
- Development of high traffic products, used at the global scale.
- Exposure to modern and proven technology.
- Opportunity to learn and expand your skillset
- Become a valued part of the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family.
…. And enjoy a range of benefits that ‘ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry.
- Lightspeed equity scheme (we are all owners).
- Unlimited paid time off policy.
- Health insurance.
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year.
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents.
- Mental health online platform and counselling & coaching services.
- Volunteer day
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!