Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place.
Lightspeed is seeking a full-time Senior Manager, Tax to manage the global tax functions. Reporting to the Senior Director, Finance M&A, the ideal candidate is self-motivated, possesses strong organizational skills, and is extremely detail-oriented. Our working environment is dynamic, and daily tasks include a variety of tax duties. If you’re interested in the opportunity to expand your skills by collaborating with the Finance team of a growing technology company, this is the next opportunity for you!
What you’ll be responsible for
- Manage the company's global tax function and provide hands-on leadership to the Tax team
- Work closely with the company's Legal and Acquisition teams, making recommendations on potential transactions, helping with post-acquisition integration activities and corporate structure considerations.
- Coordinate and oversee the company's global tax processes including all compliance filings, quarterly financial statement tax provision reporting, transfer pricing management and other international reporting requirements
- Provide internal tax advisory guidance to various business units and functional areas across the organization
- Manage tax audits and other correspondence with government authorities
- Utilize our team of external tax advisor relationships efficiently and effectively
- Provide the company's FP&A team with tax/government grant inputs for reporting, budgeting and forecasting purposes
- Continually monitor, track and report on the existing and proposed tax legislations and related changes that could impact the company's operations
What you’ll bring to the team
- 8-10 years of tax experience, currently at a Senior Manager level (from firm or industry)
- CPA designation
- In-depth Tax course, Masters of Taxation or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of Canadian and US taxation
- Experienced with international tax issues, transfer pricing and government grants
- Strong people management skills including leading, performance management, mentoring, coaching and developing teams
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure, manage priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality
- Adept at handling sensitive documents
- Fluency in English
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Experience working in public companies, including IFRS and SOX control compliance
- Familiar with European and APAC taxes
- Fluency in French
- Experience with systems such as NetSuite, Salesforce, Avalara, and Coupa
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Flexible working policy
- Health insurance
- Health and wellness benefits
- Paid leave assistance for new parents
- Linkedin learning license
- Volunteer days
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!