Reporting to the Director, Support EMEA, this mission-critical role is responsible for leading Lightspeed’s Frontline and Escalations Support team in Europe for our Hospitality products.
Our team is based across the UK, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany and Switzerland.
The successful candidate will have a major focus on providing a best-in-class service experience for our clients post sale, and requires excellent strategic and analytical skills in order to effectively grow our Frontline and Escalations Support teams in Europe as the company expands.
This role can be fully remote or based in one of the locations where our teams are based.
What you will be responsible for:
- Provide guidance and direction to the Frontline and Escalations teams in Europe on day-to-day activities, while driving customer service excellence
- Manage local hiring in Europe, employee performance, training and development
- Provide leadership, mentoring, and coaching for existing and future Frontline and Escalations employees
- Develop our Support leadership team and manage a mix of leaders such as managers, team leads etc
- Implement a quality and results based performance program to oversee the quality and accuracy of interactions with customers, including participation in calibration and validation sessions
- Improve productivity by highlighting deficiencies and recommending changes and improvements to tools, processes, reporting, and employee engagement
- Maintain a mindset of continuous improvement and monitor the efficiency of support processes as well as customer and employee satisfaction
- Execute ongoing development activities to ensure customers meet friendly and knowledgeable employees
- Provide technical expertise, guidance, and training to team members
- Act as an escalation point to resolve customer issues and/or disputes
- Provide weekly feedback to the VP of Customer Support
- Refine the collection of support metrics and KPIs to provide team feedback and statistical information to the Support management team
- Work closely with all Support managers, contribute to the development of all areas of Lightspeed’s customer support processes, policy, and training
- Ensure that Escalation processes are well implemented in Europe and liaise with Support and Sales functional Managers
What you bring:
- Bachelor Degree (Preferably in Computer Science)
- Proven leadership skills, with a minimum of 5 years of experience managing a technical support group (preferably in the software sector)
- Knowledge of support ticketing and management tools with the ability to pull KPIs, create reports, and provide analysis
- Strong level of autonomy with the ability to drive projects with limited guidance
- Excellent communication, facilitation, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Experience with conflict resolution
- Passion for building and maintaining strong professional relationships
- Ability to strategize outside the box and think conceptually in a fast-paced organization
- Strong research, analytical, and reporting skills
- Fluent in English and also either French, Dutch or German preferable
What’s in It for You?
You have the opportunity to join a fast-paced, industry leading global organization headquartered in the Canadian market. You will be exposed to and have autonomy to solve challenging problems that enable the company to grow and succeed. You will learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark. This role is at the heart of building our company with new At lightspeed, we are dedicated to bringing cities and communities to life by powering SMBs. Come and help us build our communities!
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!