Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We are on the lookout for talented Senior iOS Engineers to join our high-performing team. You will be working with our Sydney based team on our flagship Lightspeed Restaurant product and other mobile products across our Hospitality platform. We work to deliver new features and functionality in order to stay ahead of the game; delivering our customers exactly what they’re after (before they even know they need it).
We're growing and disrupting quickly as a company, and as part of that growth we have some unique and interesting challenges to solve, both from a technical and business opportunity standpoint. We work with big data and mission critical high concurrency as our customers are always connected and their livelihoods depend on us being online 24 / 7. So we need to ensure the solutions we build are scalable, stable, testable and easily maintainable.
- We work in small focused agile product squads where every member of the team can contribute ideas and shape features from the early conception right through to delivery. We’re continually developing and improving our tools and processes in order to deliver better products as well as team quality and productivity.
- You'll work alongside other brilliant engineers to craft robust systems and beautiful interfaces. You'll write clear, performant, testable and elegant code and be a strong advocate for modern development practices. Collaborate with others in technical discussions, code reviews and architecture reviews.
iOS Engineering at Lightspeed
- Our current mobile offering is native iOS and we’re using modern technologies like SwiftUI
- We move fast, we like to explore territory and we always focus on technical efforts that will take Lightspeed’s mobile offering to the next level
What you’ll be doing:
- Building stuff: this means coding, code reviews, fixing bugs, pair programming, incident response, and reverse-engineering tasks...
- Planning/architecture: estimating, collaborating with Product, establishing MVP
- Learning and Teaching: lunch and learns, chapter reviews, research and meetups
- Enabling: working on shared libraries, contributing to open source content, defining, documenting, and evolving best practices
What you need to bring:
- Significant mobile development experience coding complex apps in primarily Swift and Objective-C but also on other platforms
- Experience building beautiful, predictable UI, prioritising the user’s experience
- Experience building and distributing apps with large numbers of users
- An appetite to explore solutions outside of the purely native field
- Core understanding of the principles of mobile application design
- Experience with native app development in Android using Java / Kotlin, React Native is a plus
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
- New developers are assigned the latest Macbook Pros
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Exposure to modern distributed tech stacks and development processes
- Become a valued part of the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Flexible working policy
- Innovation time every 6 weeks to get creative, solve problems by building something or learn about a new technology
- Organised activities such as hackathons, weekly games, regular lunches
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Mental health online platform and counseling & coaching services
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- LinkedIn Learning & pluralsight license
- Dog-friendly environment
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!