Lightspeed is seeking Excel Wizards for the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, possesses strong organizational skills, and is extremely detail-oriented. This is your chance to build a successful career within a fast-growing tech company where your work will have direct and visible impact on the results.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Provide support on complex projects and ad hoc analysis. Contribute to the design of financial models, scenarios, and sensitivities for projects and reporting requirements. Apply models and interpret results
- Build clear and insightful reports. Improve the financial reports reliability, accuracy, clarity and production time
- Automate and optimize efficient and accurate data flows between various financial and enterprise systems allowing for sustainable and scalable reporting
- Build relationships with other departments and help create system solutions to accurately record new business transactions for both operational and consolidated results
- Produce clear, well-structured documentation that supports reporting needs and audit processes
- Support the development and implementation of dashboards and management reports to meet the needs of all stakeholders (10%)
- Ensure that the business processes in place enable accurate financial information and put in place necessary corrective measures in a timely manner
- Understand the competitive landscape that Lightspeed competes within and assist with market analysis
- Assist in the annual audits by compiling information and analysis, as required by auditors
- Ensure reporting processes and key controls maintain SOX compliance
- Work with the Financial Systems and Support Group to ensure timely and accurate resolution of system related issues
- Participation in preparation of consolidated and non-consolidated internal management reports
- Work on ad hoc projects as assigned; such as assessment of new business activities or change of process
- Assist with special requests from the executive team
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- Bachelor's Degree in Commerce, Accounting or Finance
- Advanced/Expert knowledge in Excel is a must
- Experience with financial analysis and/or financial modelling
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Detail-oriented, autonomous, and able to take initiative
- Able to handle a high volume of transactions
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Experience building KPI
- Experience with budget
- Experience with NetSuite
- Experience with Adaptive Insights or planning software
- Experience with Looker
- Strong interest in Information Systems Software
- Excellent written and spoken French
What’s in it for you
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- Be part of a team that’s making a huge impact on our quest to empower small and medium-sized businesses with some cool tech that’s critical to managing their business!
- Opportunity to learn and expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story
- This role provides the opportunity for you to develop financial acumen through a deep understanding of FP&A and build your interpersonal skills with teams across the globe - all at the same time!
- Beautifully renovated office space in a castle, one of the best development centers in Montreal (should COVID restrictions allow this in the future)
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!