(Senior) Content Specialist - Germany
Lightspeed (listed on the TSX / NYSE: LSPD) supports small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries worldwide with cloud-based omni-channel commerce platforms. Our 3,000 employees work hybrid or completely remotely, spread over 12 countries, on the digitalisation of restaurants, bars, hotels and shops - from sole proprietorships to medium-sized chains.
As a key member of Lightspeed’s dynamic in-house SEO Marketing Content team, you’ll be responsible for the organic demand generation of the German market. You will write top-notch content, run keyword research, and help improve the brand penetration of Lightspeed in the German market.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Writing and posting blogs and long pieces of content to support the editorial calendar (web content, customer stories, white papers, etc.) taking SEO into account
- Create the SEO content calendar for the German market
- Crafting, reviewing and approving content for our German website and additional assets
- Work closely with UX to enhance the overall user experience through the content
- Acting as a brand voice ambassador and sharing best practices with colleagues across EMEA
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- Experience in creating different types of target group specific written content for web pages (blog posts, product descriptions, ertc.)
- Working experience of at least 5 years in relevant areas
- Experience with keyword research, keywords expansion, keywords mapping
- Understanding of content audits, competitors & keywords gap analysis as to enhance the content production
- Understanding and implementation of on-page optimisation
- Language skills (fluent German & English oral and written)
Even better, but not necessary:
- Experience in B2B, ideally in hospitality or tech
- Knowledge of technical SEO
- Knowledge of the following tools: Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google Optimiser Ahrefs, SEMRush, Screaming Frog, etc.
What’s in it for you? Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact
- Exposure to modern and proven technology
- Opportunity to learn and expand your skill set
- Become a valued part of the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Flexible working policy
- Pension contribution
- Health and wellness benefit of €400 per year
- Mental health online platform and counseling & coaching services
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- LinkedIn Learning license
- Volunteer day
- Transit benefit
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!