Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We’re looking for a Sales Engineer to join our Sales Enablement team in NoAm. As a Sales Engineer you will support Lightspeed Sales productivity and deal flow by providing technical expertise for complex solutions.You will collaborate with Marketing, Product Management, and Support resources, and interact with key customer technical decision-makers to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address customer needs. You will be responsible for achieving sales quotas together with the Lightspeed Sales teams.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be the main technical point of contact within Lightspeed’s Sales team;
- Proactively scope the technical solution required to address customer requirements, assess customers’ met and unmet needs, and recommend optimum solutions and support;
- You will “wow!” prospects and customers by acting as the lead technical expert during product demonstrations, in person or through webinars;
- Develop competitive analysis sheets to support Lightspeed’s Sales teams;
- Represent Lightspeed at conferences, shows, and exhibitions;
- Provide technical coaching and professional development to Lightspeed’s sales team;
- Collaborate with Product Management and Support teams on technical solutions proposed throughout the sales process, and alert the sales teams to potential risks of deal closure;
- Provide training to customers, staff and resellers when needed;
- Handle other duties and responsibilities as defined by management.
What you need to bring:
We’re a team of 11 people located in Canada and the US. Our team is responsible for enabling the sales team with the technical information they need to close deals.
- 3+ years experience in customer-facing activities in a B2B environment;
- Ability to popularize technical information for a general audience;
- Superior presentation skills;
- Keen eye for detail and quality;
- Strong level of autonomy with the ability to drive projects with limited guidance;
- Highly adaptable with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining quality;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Even better if you have:
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- MBA or project management certification
- Strong understanding of retail and Point of Sale technologies
- Knowledge of Apple tools, web technologies, and networking
- Knowledge of system integration through API
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Uncapped commission;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Immediate access to our benefits plan
- RRSP match after 3 months
- Fitness & Wellness benefit: $500 CAD per calendar year
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Flexible working policy (Remote, hybrid or office based)
- Parental leave Top-Up
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!