Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you are in the right place!
With teams located worldwide, Lightspeed offers a one-stop commerce platform to merchants in hospitality, E-commerce, and retail. Lightspeed is a market-leading Commerce company that has hit a substantial period of growth with more than 2,500 employees across more than 14 countries globally.
We are looking for a motivated Sales Development Representative to join our high-performing and highly motivated sales teams in Amsterdam.
Our goal with our all-in-one platform is to help entrepreneurs work smarter. As a Sales Development Representative, you’re key to #make this happen. While you qualify and follow up with potential customers, you will build strong contacts with entrepreneurs in e-commerce, retail, and hospitality.
What you are responsible for:
The primary responsibility of this role is to inspire entrepreneurs to digitize their workflow via Lightspeed and, as a confidential advisor, check-in on their wishes, research whether and how the Lightspeed solutions are a good match.
- Initially, through phone and email communications, you will qualify the leads coming in through marketing channels (webinars, trials, quote/demo requests);
- Upon identification of a positive match, you will schedule a demo with our Account Executives. Alongside the Account Executive, you succeed in helping entrepreneurs work smarter in the most efficient way.
What you bring to the team:
You love to talk with entrepreneurs about their business and identify their needs as to their workflow and business processes. We expect you to quickly build a relationship with the entrepreneur on a first impression. You are able to think in a solution-oriented way and ask the right questions. You can put yourself in the customer's shoes, as it were, and make sure that the buyer feels understood. Experience and knowledge from an entrepreneurial environment such as Hospitality or retail is a big plus.
- #Sales: Experience in Sales; preferably you are familiar with B2B communication, customer relationship management and pipeline management.
- #Language: You will come into contact with local entrepreneurs and markets, which requires writing and speaking in the local language, along with business English.
- #Drive: Perseverance and energy. We promise you that no day is the same - Lightspeed is an energetic environment with an open feedback culture where initiatives and ideas are actively supported
Even better if you have it or can do it, but not necessarily:
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- Bachelor's degree
What's in it for you?
You will learn everything about us, our story, the colleagues, our workflow and you will receive a practical onboarding. We have the energy of an innovative start-up and the expertise and capabilities of a global scale-up. The result: a team of both newly started and experienced professionals led by supportive and approachable managers who recognize and reward your work.
You are part of a team that likes to work together, help each other, share insights and achieve success. Before you know it, we'll be celebrating your first deal together!
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs every day;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy, and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Company pension program
- Health and wellness benefit
- Mental health online platform and counseling & coaching services
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Language classes & LinkedIn Learning license
- Volunteer day
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!