You are a full-time Product Manager who cannot wait to join our Swiss headquarters- based Product Management team in Geneva!
Reporting to the Group of Product Manager, you will be responsible for understanding market and customer needs, translating them into clear, actionable direction, and working hand in hand with development as the voice of the customer. This role requires technical and business knowledge to prioritize competing demands across a range of verticals and business environments. You will be a strong customer advocate, and have the technical chops to deliver compelling product vision, melding business acumen with go to market strategies.
You will be in charge of a part of our Hospitality POS product line, making sure that our Software provides a seamless, exceptional experience across multiple channels, including mobile, iPad and web. You will become a market expert in the Food & Beverages space, bringing to the table a passion for problem solving, design, and the ability to glean insight from customers. You will work with other product managers across different product lines to provide a single, cohesive, winning solution.
What will be your primary responsibilities?
- Collaborate with the entire Product & Technology team, including User Experience, Visual Design, Developers and other Product Managers, to understand and communicate product direction and business requirements;
- Create and manage a detailed backlog of user stories and participate in cycles & initiative planning;
- Continuously prioritize incoming market and customer requests to plan the product releases most valuable to the market;
- Drive innovation across internal and external groups to take the Hospitality experience to the next level;
- Be a key member of the agile development process, including roadmap and release planning, launching the product, and product expertise;
- Communicate with both technical and non-technical team members as a subject matter expert;
- Handle other duties and responsibilities as defined by management.
What will you bring?
- 5+ years of successful product management experience in a SaaS environment;
- 3+ years industry expertise in mobile, POS, retail, hospitality, payments or related fields;
- 2+ years of experience within an Agile/Scrum environment;
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience;
- Proven ability to make decisions, positively influence other team members, and thrive in a entrepreneurial environment;
- Strong organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to reprioritize across multiple projectsProven collaborator and excellent communicator;
- Exceptional English written and verbal communication skills.
And you might even have:
- French written and verbal communication skills;
- Prior experience working in retail, ecommerce, and/or POS solutions;
- A passion for technology.
Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.