Lightspeed are retail and food service technology experts that work with people who love to produce, sell and consume food – so they can connect better, work faster and smarter, and keep growing.
Our products and integrations have grown immensely in the past 24 months, fueling the need to enhance our Platform & API product strategy. We’re looking for someone who’s both analytical and empathetic, and who can leverage these skills to think like our customers and then design smart, effective solutions to their problems. You’re also commercially minded, and bring this perspective to the table when assessing the viability of new functionality and integrations.
You’re a great leader and communicator with top organisation skills, and ideally you’ll have a strong understanding of APIs (REST) and integrations .
If you’re self motivated, enjoy sinking your teeth into a wide variety of challenges and get excited by the prospect of working with a talented crew who are doing things a little differently, then chances are you’ll love working at Lightspeed.
- Is passionate about designing and developing creative solutions for our users in a collaborative environment.
- Demonstrates a strong technical sense across the big picture right down to the design details.
- Wants everyone to learn and share knowledge with others to improve our craft.
- Continuously strives to build a culture that is a joy to work in and with.
What you’ll do:
- Be the product manager for Lightspeeds integrations, including our APIs (REST) and platform.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to define the product roadmap for your squad/s and own the delivery of your squad roadmap/s.
- Manage stakeholder expectations around product and feature delivery, and keep all internal teams informed about upcoming product or feature launches.
- Ensure cross-squad projects and dependencies are well identified and managed.
- Ensure the customer is always represented in your decision making process - through coordinating and summarising quantitative and qualitative research.
- Ensure the business is always represented in your decision making process - by assessing the commercial viability of each new feature or integration opportunity.
- Identify opportunities to optimise the product development process within your squad/s.
- Work with the Leadership team on pricing strategies for new products, features and integrations.
- Set clear, measurable goals for product initiatives and then track, report on and communicate performance against set goals.
- Keep Product, Design, and Engineering aligned to your Squad / Product’s goals, well versed in the customer pain points or opportunities they are solving for, involved in the solution design process and motivated to continually deliver quality and value.
- Work with Product Marketing, Sales and Account Management to drive adoption of your products and features among new and existing customer segments to achieve profitability for Lightspeed.
- Assist with analytical queries and tasks from customers and internal stakeholders.
Who you are:
- You’ve got 3+ years experience in Technical or API or Platform Product Management, with a demonstrated record of success.
- You have experience working with REST APIs, bonus points for Experience with the API lifecycle: design (OpenAPI specification generation).
- You’re able to read and/ or create OpenAPI specifications.
- Ideally you’ve worked extensively in Saas and B2B software development.
- Plenty of experience applying Agile methodologies.
- You’re capable of developing strategy, but also a very strong executor - who can motivate people to get things done.
- Passion for data and analytics, using data to make decisions and growing the data literacy of the team.
- Outstanding organisation and communication skills.
- You foster teamwork and collaboration.
- You don’t feel out of your depth in high level technical discussions, and understand how things fit together.
- You’re keen to actively contribute to and grow our amazing company culture.
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Flexible working arrangements - Work remotely anywhere in Australia or from our spacious office in Chippendale
- Flexible Paid Time off
- Organised activities such as hackathons, innovation time, regular online board games / activities
- Allowance for health / gym membership
- Team organised events to celebrate our successes
- Awesome office space located in Chippendale, NSW
Lightspeed hires the best and brightest. You’ll be joining a team who love creating unique experiences for our partners and customers.
To all recruitment agencies:
Lightspeed does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Lightspeed employees or any other company location. Lightspeed is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!