As cloud technologies continue to transform businesses, skilled individuals are in high demand. At Lightspeed, we are passionate about revolutionizing the way our partners advance their skills, businesses and careers, by equipping them with the knowledge they need about the Lightspeed Commerce platform, to create amazing experiences for our retail and hospitality customers. Join our dynamic, fast-growing team and help us empower our partners and customers to build successful businesses on Lightspeed.
If you have previous experience delivering sales and technology training and can communicate these concepts to audiences at different stages in a customer’s journey, we’d like to speak with you.
Here's your chance to work as a Partner Trainer for EMEA within an organization which has high visibility and significant customer impact. The successful candidate is an experienced sales & technology instructor, ideally with hands-on experience with Saas technologies as well as creating and implementing training programmes for partners.
In this role, you will deliver training content to Lightspeed Partners to drive adoption and usage of Lightspeed’s commerce platform with customers. You’ll have an opportunity to combine a passion for teaching and enthusiasm for technology, to drive learning and establish positive partner relationships. You will have excellent communication skills and proven technology and business training experience.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Develop and deliver training courses which incorporate Lightspeed’s strategy, mission and technology with our sales methodologies to employees and partners
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of Saas technology concepts and ability to translate this knowledge to Lightspeed Commerce platform
- Self-sufficient, self-starter with proven success taking ownership of training projects.
- Versatility in communicating to both business and technical personas involved in our partners sales and technical installation roles.
- Coordinate and conduct Partner training using a variety of instructional techniques and delivery methods, including virtual learning both live and self-led
- Demonstrate a strong “stage presence” and ability to engage and manage a classroom of adult learners.
- Create an engaging learner experience in each training class with various training strategies.
- Mentor and train partner instructors as part of a train-the-trainer program.
- Validate Partner training by recording key metrics, ensuring that audit trail and training history are complete and up to date.
- Conduct a partner post training performance and skills gap analyses to review our training process to identify areas of improvement.
- Document all partner feedback to raise the bar on curriculum quality.
- Work with internal stakeholders to ensure accurate, effective training content.
- Occasional travel expected
What you need to bring to the team
- Agility and solutions-focused - must be able to adapt to an ever-changing environment
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Degree in Business, Education, Human Resources or relevant field
- 3+ years experience as a sales coach, sales trainer, or similar role delivering business focused & technology related training
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Familiarity with LMS
- Facilitation Skills
- Working on an international team
- Speak fluent Dutch, French or German
- Experience in a SaaS environment
- Experience working in partner training
- Experience in working in a retail or hospitality environment
- Are interested in new and emerging technologies
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!