Lightspeed is seeking a full-time, highly organized Office Manager. We’re looking for someone who is self-motivated, possesses amazing organizational & people skills, and obsesses over details. Reporting to the Office Administration Manager, the Office Manager is responsible for managing the activities of our fast-paced and growing office and taking care of the well-being of our employees.The Office Manager will also be responsible for coordinating the return to office as we shift to a post-pandemic world.
If you are a go getter, have killer organizational skills and love being the one who makes sure everything runs like clockwork, this may be the position for you.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Manage office coordination including cleaning, repair, and maintenance service provider contracts for Lightspeed’s Montreal and satellite offices
- Coordinate all internal moves and work on efficiently organizing employees in our office space
- Manage our global corporate travel platform and review global travel expenses
- Purchase office supplies
- Management of the suppliers
- Provide support to internal events (meetups, recruitment events, etc.)
- Liaise with internal staff at all levels
- Help with compliance around the Office Québécois de la Langue Française
- Make sure that employees have all the services and furniture they need to accomplish the best work of their life
- Join and support the Health & Safety initiatives of the company and coordinate the committee
- Manage buildings security and access
- Handle other duties and responsibilities as defined by management
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- Experience in a similar position
- Bilingual, strong understanding of spoken French is required
- Flexible on working hours (may be asked to work nights and weekends occasionally)
- Knowledge of Excel
- Ability to work under pressure, manage priorities and meet critical deadlines
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality; adept at handling sensitive documents and information
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Degree in Administration, Accounting or Finance, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Passion for people and technology
What's in It for You?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!