Lightspeed is looking for a full-time Marketing Project Manager, NOAM to support its ongoing creative projects. If you are a seasoned project manager with a flair for marketing, operational excellence, working closely with creatives and would enjoy being at the core of executing Lightspeed’s biggest industry campaigns, this role is for you.
Reporting directly to the Director of Marketing, NOAM and indirectly to the Marketing Program Manager you will be responsible for bringing Hospitality, Golf and Retail campaign briefs to life by building project plans, scheduling the team, organizing tasks and monitoring progress to ensure the campaign is launched and evaluated as planned.
You will support the marketing team’s industry pods (Hospitality & Golf with the opportunity to expand to Retail) on specific large-scale projects and oversee capacity & resource assignment for each pod.
- Plan and build out detailed production timelines to deliver each project efficiently to meet a required deadline. Timelines should account for cross-departmental or external requirements
- Lead project planning meetings / check-ins to ensure each project is on track and that the team has all the information required to complete tasks. This includes kick-offs and briefings to the project team in collaboration with project owners.
- Daily project monitoring and communications with team and stakeholders (Marketing program manager, Creative Director, Project Owner(s), content & design team assigned and EVP Marketing) to keep all parties informed and adjust project plans according to workloads and priorities
- Ensure JIRA (project management tool) epics & tickets are built and up to date with clear task descriptions / briefs, timelines and any additional info for the content & design team to complete work
- Conduct project post-mortems in coordination with project owners and document key learnings to ensure processes & outputs are improved with each project
- Oversee team capacity planning for each industry pod in collaboration with the Industry pod lead based on a prioritized roadmap. Contribute to weekly content & design team resource scheduling & organization with functional managers as needed.
- Be proactive and identify problems that may arise within projects and propose solutions
- Be the project management tool & process champion: reinforce best practices, monitor individual rep’s board, project and tickets. Be up to date with new developments to constantly push best project management practices. Maintain smooth workflows.
- Coordinate and be the main point of contact with external freelancers, suppliers, producers per project to ensure on time and effective delivery.
- Collaborate with Project Managers on the team to contribute to ongoing operational improvements that impact overall success of the team
- A track record of proven experience in Project Management in Marketing
- Ability to understand and own the delivery of all project deliverables required
- Thorough understanding of project planning, creative operations / marketing asset production processes.
- Bias to action - you take initiative, prioritize tasks, proactively flag issues and collaborate on solutions
- Flexible in responding to changes in business priorities; proven ability to work effectively and efficiently under multiple, competing deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written business communication skills in English. French an asset.
- Proven ability to interface with all levels of management with confidence
- Proven ability to meet project deadlines
- Thrives working in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Experience with JIRA (project management platform) is a plus
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!