Marketing Lead - Germany & Austria (m/f/d)
at Lightspeed Commerce
Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Lightspeed (listed on the TSX / NYSE: LSPD) supports small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries worldwide with cloud-based omni-channel commerce platforms. Our 2,400 employees work hybrid or completely remotely, spread over 12 countries, on the digitalisation of restaurants, bars, hotels and shops - from sole proprietorships to medium-sized chains.
As Marketing Lead (m / f / d) you will lead a team consisting of a PR Manager, Content Specialist and Growth Specialist, with the perspective of taking on more personal responsibility beyond the German location. You will develop strategies for generating leads through online and offline marketing campaigns for Germany and Austria and lead their implementation. You drive our B2B “top-of-the-funnel” growth through organic channels, work in a leading role on brand and partner campaigns and support the optimisation of the conversion rate. With an international network, you report to the Director of Marketing EMEA and work with teams in the USA, Canada, Australia and various European locations.
Expand: Through organic growth and acquisitions, we have significantly expanded our product portfolio in all segments (hospitality, retail, eCommerce and payments) over the past 12 months. Make the innovations tangible for the market.
Rebrand: Gastrofix with a large market share and brand awareness in the DACH region and other European countries was taken over by Lightspeed last year. Establish our new name in the market and for existing customers.
Campaigns and marketing programs for our hospitality & retail customers
- Responsibility for new and existing lead acquisitions from online and offline marketing channels in order to increase sales as well as brand and product awareness.
- Working with the product, product marketing and international marketing teams to develop, implement, monitor and evaluate the quarterly and annual marketing roadmaps, campaigns and projects.
- Working with the Customer Growth Manager on developing marketing campaigns for Germany and Austria to encourage cross-sell, reduce churn and meet sales growth targets.
- Creation of the marketing plan in line with the global marketing strategy.
- Close cooperation with the sales team in the DACH region and coordination of marketing measures and promotions.
- Close cooperation with the content team to increase organic traffic and improve the conversion rate.
- Measure, evaluate and optimize campaign performance and measure the effectiveness of customer acquisition, cross-sell initiatives and remarketing.
- Management of the marketing budget for events in Germany and EMEA.
- Development of market penetration strategies for our new brand and the constantly growing product range.
- Creation of a market launch plan for new products in Germany and for partnerships in EMEA.
- Close cooperation with product managers, PMMs and marketing teams in planning and introducing new products and functions in Germany.
- Cooperation with German and European Growth Acquisition Specialists in the definition of acquisition targets and the distribution of channels.
What you bring to the team:
- Ideally 5-6 years of marketing experience in the development and management of marketing roadmaps, campaigns and projects, from customer analysis to brainstorming to implementation.Experience in product marketing, growth marketing or brand management.
- Strategic and analytical leader with a customer-oriented focus and a mentality of personal responsibility.
- Excellent ability to identify marketing opportunities to acquire new customers and expand an existing customer base.
- Excellent cooperation with executives from the areas of product, marketing and sales at various levels.
- Experience in organising physical and digital events with the aim of generating leads and the ability to measure and improve the success of these initiatives.
- Proven ability to work with external partners.
- Excellent analytical skills with proven experience in handling data tools such as Excel, Looker or Jira.
- At least 2 years of experience leading a cross-functional team.
Ideal, but not a must:
- Experience in working with a global team.
- Experience in planning events in the B2B sector.
- A network in the hospitality or retail industry.
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact
- Exposure to modern and proven technology;
- Opportunity to learn and expand your skill set;
- Become a valued part of the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family.
- Flexible working policy
- Pension contribution
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Mental health online platform and counselling & coaching services
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- LinkedIn Learning license
- Volunteer day
- Transit benefit
- Monthly lunch, free food and drinks
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!