As a Backend Software Developer you will be supporting Lightspeed's Hospitality product group on the mission to expand our reach into new markets and countries while enhancing our Cloud POS. You will join our global team of developers to use cutting edge technologies to help restaurant owners to provide the best experience to their customers. At Lightspeed, we are dedicated to bringing cities and communities to life by powering SMBs. Come and help us build our communities! For this role, you can be located in Germany, the Netherlands, UK, France, Switzerland and Belgium.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Creating and extending functionality of our products by contributing to our microservice-based platform
- Developing clean and highly maintainable code
- Extending our continuous integration / continuous deployment environment
- Working as part of a team (squad) to deliver product features and functionality
- As part of a squad you get to work with our Product Managers, Architects and Principal developers
- Extending your very own skills by learning from and growing with the team
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- Excellent communication skills
- Expert in the Java ecosystem:
- Spring boot or equivalent
- Maven (or Gradle)
- Mockito, Junit, Spock, Cucumber
- Hibernate or other ORM
- Running Java container in the cloud
- CI/CD one of (Jenkins, Travis, Teamcity, CircleCi or others)
- Solid foundation of knowledge in computer science
- Able to analyse production problems, incidents and performance issues.
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Experience in multiple Java ecosystem frameworks to build Microservices.
- Experience writing automated unit and functional tests with one of the frameworks: Selenium, Appium, Boozang
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience with cloud environments like GCP, AWS, as well as cloud solutions like Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Experience with real time messaging systems (Pub/Sub, Kafka, etc.)
- Experience with both relational (SQL) and non-relational (NoSQL) databases
- Computer Sciences degree or equivalent
Who you are
- You are a team-player who likes to contribute to discussions and share your own experience.
- You are self-motivated with the ability to function effectively in a team environment with minimum supervision.
- You are always seeking improvement and progress.
- You are eager to make decisions and not afraid of making mistakes.
What is in it for you
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of remote work
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Exposure to modern and proven technology
- Opportunity to learn and expand your skill set
- Tons of growth opportunities into technical or people management roles
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Become a valued part of the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!