Lightspeed is seeking a full-time People Operations Coordinator. The ideal candidate possesses strong organizational skills, has high respect for confidentiality and is extremely attentive to detail. Reporting to the Director of People Operations and Programs, the People Operations Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations of the People & Culture functions to ensure our department is organized and operating efficiently. The successful candidate will be the right hand to the People Business Partners, Payroll and People Ops team members, assisting with the complete employee lifecycle from onboarding sessions to HRIS data integrity and reporting. This role is a key support to the function that cares for our greatest asset: our people!
What you’ll be responsible for
- Own employee lifecycle support and administration for a specific region (new hire paperwork, onboarding, changes, updates, time off management, leaves and terminations), involving preparation of documentation, tracking/processing information and electronic record-keeping;
- Generate reports as required to support People Partners and Leadership teams;
- Assist in coordination of employee programs that may include training, recognition, DEI, volunteering, and wellness programs;
- Perform audits on system information/contents to ensure data integrity while maintaining strict confidentiality and building upon our internal control mechanisms;
- Create and iterate documentation for current and future-state people processes and workflows connected to the employee lifecycle, people data, systems and technology;
- Identify, recommend and proactively take initiative for process and workflow improvements that will allow us to scale and support our significant growth goals;
- Participate in organization-wide projects that require cross-departmental support and alignment;
- Assist in preparation for presentations to the business, exposing people data and results;
- Support global compliance efforts through close collaboration with our Legal team;
- Respond to audit or information requests from Finance, Legal, Internal Audit, or external auditors;
- Provide general administrative support to the People team and take on special People projects as needed.
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- experience in HR, administration or executive assistant experience;
- University degree or equivalent experience;
- Discretion and a commitment to maintaining confidentiality;
- Ability to use/learn a variety of programs, including (but not limited to): MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Google Calendar, Google Drive, Google Sheets/Docs, BambooHR (HRIS), Greenhouse (ATS);
- Intermediate experience with excel or strong comfort and desire to learn;
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English and Dutch;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
Even better if you have
- University degree in Human Resources or related discipline;
- Experience handling sensitive documents;
- Experience with global mobility;
- Experience with HR systems and data.
What's in It for You?
- You have the opportunity to join a fast-paced, industry leading global organization headquartered in the Canadian market;
- You will be exposed to and have autonomy to solve challenging problems that enable the company to grow and succeed;
- You will learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark;
- At Lightspeed, we are dedicated to bringing cities and communities to life by powering SMBs. Come and help us build our communities!
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!