Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We’re looking for a People Business Partner to join our People & Culture team in Russia or EMEA. You will act as the P&C intermediary between LightSpeed and our acquired company Ecwid on best practice, our values and principles, people integration activities and advice.
What you’ll be doing:
- Supervising the maintenance of all employee files and original documentation as legally required, partnering with both the Head Quarters in Montreal and the local authorities on all necessary employee requirements and ensuring all HR actions are legally compliant;
- Assisting on all HR related M&A cultural assimilation and harmonisation activities;
- Partnering with finance/payroll team to oversee the administration of all payroll and related data ensuring accuracy and inline with local tax laws, compliance and legislation;
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy of data collation and supporting audits/ data cleanse exercises when necessary to meet audit and sox compliance;
- Assisting the Talent Acquisition team with resourcing needs for local vacancies, supporting the management of the Russian job boards and internal recruitment strategies/global mobility to ensure we attract top talent;
- Delivering all agreed employee lifecycle admin events including overseeing local new joiners process (given its requirement to be in Russian) and leaving formalities, talent and performance initiatives, ensuring compliance with policy, HR best practice and legislation via on ground teams and as an individual contributor;
- Supporting with employee relations cases and completing Russian to English translating support when required;
- Working closely the wider EMEA P&C team to implement local people plans and organisational design initiatives post merger;
- Looking at areas for process improvements, Innovation and best practice in Russia and across EMEA.
And a little bit of…
- Supporting systems implementation - such as Workday and ServiceNow (If required);
- Contributing to ad hoc HR projects as required as the Russian lead;
- Act as the first point of contact for all HR operational queries. Escalating unresolved or serious issues to the Director of P&C, EMEA where necessary.
What you need to bring:
We’re a team of 113 people and counting located in Canada, The USA, all across Europe and Australia. We are committed to the success of Lightspeed with our people at the forefront. We strive in being a leader in building diverse, inclusive and equitable employee teams all while fostering a one-of-a-kind culture.
We're looking for a well versed HR professional who has experience with the following:
- Ability to continually seek out and support culture initiatives and create innovative approaches creating one Lightspeed where necessary;
- Successful experience managing and prioritizing multiple projects and stakeholder relationships;
- An authentic commitment to diversity and inclusion hiring practices;
- Passion and dedication to creating a great place;
- Proven ability to work in a global, heavily matrixed organisation;
- Relevant experience in HR manager / HR BP role supporting a client group in the Russian or Baltic regions
- Excellent Russian and English communication skills
- Local knowledge of Russian market and understanding of employment legislation and HR procedures
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact
- Exposure to modern and proven technology;
- Opportunity to learn and expand your skill set;
- Become a valued part of the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Flexible working policy
- Pension contribution
- Hospitalization insurance
- Holiday allowance
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Mental health online platform and counselling & coaching services
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
Our office is closed in response to the Covid-19 pandemic and when we do choose to reopen, it will be done following government guidelines ensuring the safety of all our staff.
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!