Lightspeed is growing quickly and we need talented professionals to help us build our world class team. As the Head of Global Total Rewards, you will be responsible for helping to develop our Compensation philosophy, our global Total Rewards programs and practices for executive compensation, broad-based compensation, global benefits, global payroll and global mobility. You will help build and provide leadership to the total rewards team and will shape and develop the Employee Value Proposition. Additionally, as the Head of Global Total Rewards, you will be a member of the People and Culture leadership team and will be a critical advisor to the Head of People & Culture on all matters related to global compensation, benefits and mobility as the company continues to grow, both organically and through acquisitions.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Provide strategic direction to the Total Rewards function to effectively evaluate, design, propose, implement, and communicate compensation and benefits strategy, programs, policies, and initiatives that competitively position Lightspeed to attract, retain and motivate talent.
- Work collaboratively with the Head of People & Culture, senior leadership, finance, and legal to maintain appropriate total rewards programs globally.
- Coordinate the preparation of executive compensation disclosure information and assist in the development of strategies, programs and communication materials for the compensation committee.
- Support merger and acquisition activities, including due diligence, evaluation, and integration of total rewards programs.
- Ensure compensation and benefits plans and payroll globally comply with legal and regulations and allow the lightspeed team to attract and attain exceptional talent.
- Proactively manage relevant vendors and negotiate contracts for related products and services.
- Lead the Total Rewards team (payroll, benefits, equity programs, variable pay and rewards and recognition) by being a dedicated and pro-active coach ensuring that developing and investing in your talent is a key component of your role.
- Manage the annual compensation planning process, including market pricing and benchmarking activities.
- Shape Employee Value Proposition and the Future of Work- Effectively linking total rewards and recognition programs to enable this including developing flexible and innovative practices around Total Rewards.
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- Experience in a global, SaaS company with a focus on enabling rapid growth and transformation
- Experience leading broad-based benefit, compensation, payroll and mobility program design, implementation, and ongoing administration.
- You are a motivational leader able to step in and lead a global, high performing team to achieve excellence in all they do. Build and grow future leaders for the organization.
- Expert level experience with compensation plan design, including competitive and flexible salary structures, variable plans and equity plans.
- Canadian and/or US compensation committee experience.
- Experience implementing innovative global benefits designed to delight the needs of global demographics.
- Demonstrated ability to create a Global Mobility experience, making the visa, immigration and relocation process, smooth, seamless and impressive for colleagues and their families through the mobility process.
- Experience with implementation and management of compensation systems.
- A bias for action and pragmatic, yet creative, "outside the box" solutions that prove you to be a valuable business partner.
- Ability to travel occasionally to support needs across our global footprint.
What's in It for You?
- You will partner with our Head of People & Culture and you will be a key member of the People and Culture team as a valued partner to the broader executive team.
- You have the opportunity to join a fast-paced, industry leading global organization headquartered in the Canadian market.
- You will be exposed to and have autonomy to solve challenging problems that enable the company to grow and succeed.
- You will learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark.
- At Lightspeed, we are dedicated to bringing cities and communities to life by powering SMBs. Come and help us build our communities!
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!