Lightspeed is a dynamic, innovative and fast-paced global technology company. We’re helping to shape the future at Lightspeed by building an unparalleled People & Culture team. Reporting to the Director of P&C EMEA, the EMEA P&C ER Project Manager is accountable for assisting a team of P&C professionals who partner with multiple stakeholders in the design, implementation, and communication of P&C policies and global P&C projects across the EMEA region. You will be instrumental in informing EMEA wide Employee Relation interventions that help to develop and retain top talent, create a great place to work, and have a direct impact on the overall success of the Company.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Lead coordination with key P&C stakeholders in the design, development, and implementation of HR policies and policy driven projects, across the EMEA region. This may also involve ensuring any policies are translated to ensure compliance with any local obligations and obtaining local legal advice on any policy changes verifying that our systems capture the required information.
- Ensure any policy implementation risk & issues are escalated appropriately, any local exceptions are appropriately documented and that any required approvals are obtained prior to implementation or revisions (i.e. Works counsels etc)
- Provide consultation with People Business Partners on sensitive matters related to employee relations issues that may include: disciplinary, grievance, harassment, discrimination, policy violations and fraud/whistle-blower complaints, etc.
- Leverage employment law knowledge to support and consult on escalated issues and cases by the EMEA People Business Partners. Conduct thorough investigations as an assistant to the People Business Partners as necessary, making recommendations for action within the UK and European employment policies.
- Partner with other P&C colleagues to ensure policy revisions/new policies are appropriately operationalized
- Regularly assess and update existing HR policies, keeping abreast of any new emerging policy trends and identifying opportunities for policy harmonisation and standardization across the region and driving to common where practicable.
- Coordinate with P&C and legal resources to manage P&C policy dispensations, waivers/exceptions.
- Develop and retain training, tools and communication resources to support awareness and compliance with current and new P&C policies.
- Facilitate annual reviews of the EMEA Policy Directory to ensure all posted P&C policies, standards, and procedures are current.
- Coordinate with Internal Compliance and legal organizations to analyze regulatory or legal updates, identify needed policy changes, and manage the update, implementation, and education of those changes.
- Maintain an inventory of P&C policies across the EMEA region, including relevant templates.
- Partner with global P&C colleagues to support consistent application of HR policies and identification of unique region or country level requirements.
- Partner with key regional stakeholders to support consistent interpretation of P&C policies.
- Engage with partners in the assessment, development, and implementation of any self-service content.
- Be project lead for Global Projects that require EMEA regulatory and legal focus
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- Proven experience in M&A HR interventions within the technology industry.
- Experience in HRMS and Generalist HR Project Management
- Ability to continually seek out and support M&A culture initiatives and create innovative approaches creating one LightSpeed where necessary.
- Successful experience managing and prioritizing multiple projects and stakeholder relationships.
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills and ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management and across all functional areas.
- Exceptional writing skills, including the ability to synthesize complex topics to highlight key details and support consistent understanding
- Ability to build solid relationships at all levels and influence collaborative outcomes.
- Self-motivated and with excellent attention to detail and time management.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Consistent demonstration of ownership and clearly holds self accountable for effective outcomes (driven to “do the right thing”).
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented, intense environment, and across multiple time zones.
- Extensive experience in Human Resources, Control & Compliance, Employee Relations or Employment legal with an emphasis on policy work and project management
- Significant knowledge of employment policies, practices and employment law and regulations.
- Experience drafting material and creating tools for a broad audience, including regular communications, training material, and formal documents.
- Fluency in English and other European languages advantageous
Who you are:
- Quality obsessed - you take pride in actively providing world employee and client experiences.
- Market obsessed - demonstrated ability to proactively network and demonstrate the latest trends in the technology space.
- People obsessed – you are skilled at and committed to building and managing effective and trusting relationships with leaders, business partners and colleagues.
- Flexible with a sense of humour to thrive in an often changing, innovative and fast paced environment.
- Self-sufficient and able to work with little direct supervision.
- You have a strong desire to join a Canadian based innovative, fast paced, dynamic and progressive global technology company.
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!