The Payment and & Financial Service Director manages strategic payment partner relationships with a focus on helping the payments business scale with ease, confidence, and success. Directs the various teams to ensure the attainment of financial and operational goals within the payments business unit in support of the company’s overall financial and strategic objectives. Administers the organization’s payment policies through subordinate managers and directs and coordinates activities of more than one department, such as engineering, operations, information technology, accounting and finance. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the division/business unit.
- Helps manage key payment processing relationships and manage all related operational components including customer advocacy, payments platform functionality & payment-related feature enhancements.
- Help execute on established success metrics for payments for various verticals and geographies.
- Facilitate conversations between Lightspeed teams and external payment partners to help build-out critical tools, automate routine work, and address longer-term or recurring issues/ inefficiencies related to payments
- Own payment issues from beginning to end, working to troubleshoot and resolve systemic or customer specific issues.
- Understand and develop strategies to manage card brand and regulatory requirements alongside Payments operations
Who you are
- Bachelor’s Degree in economics, finance, accounting, or business
- Proven and recurring success in card payment processing or acquiring institutions with experience in processing operations
- Experience dealing with merchant acquirers
- Deep understanding of payment processing and financial services (ACH, debit, credit) and regulatory environments including PCI DSS compliance, credit and debit card interchange business models, merchant processing strategies
Building Effective Relationships
- Adapting effective communication methods and/or tools given the audience and information.
- Maximizing defined relationships such that the mutually aligned goals and objectives are achieved.
- Motivating payments team by communicating the payments and financial service vision that is adapted to their context and needs.
- Reducing potential conflict by proactively nurturing relationships with aligned individuals.
Bias for Action
- Managing project and program work effectively, delivering against known goals and deadlines.
- Contextualizing a known playbook given unexpected circumstances in order to meet goals and solve problems.
- Uses autonomy to correctly identify the cause of a problem or situation and applies the appropriate solution.
Disciplined and Strategic Thinking
- Learning from the past actions and outcomes of others to consistently improve in quality of solutions.
- Using observations and data to define the problem and proposing a well-constructed solution.
- Developing strategies how to move forward, given anticipated levels of ambiguity and risk.
What's in it for you
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of remote work.
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders.
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company.
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!