Director Marketing, Germany (m/f/d)
at Lightspeed Commerce
Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Lightspeed (listed on the TSX / NYSE: LSPD) supports small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries worldwide with cloud-based omni-channel commerce platforms. Our 2,400 employees work hybrid or completely remotely, spread over 12 countries, on the digitalisation of restaurants, bars, hotels and shops - from sole proprietorships to medium-sized chains.
As Director Marketing (m / f / d) you will be responsible for all marketing activities in Germany and Austria. Together with your team, and reporting to the Head of Marketing EMEA, you will develop omnichannel strategies to generate leads and grow brand awareness. Together with our sales and product marketing specialists, you will develop a go-to-market strategy for our hospitality and eCommerce products and upcoming launches In addition, you are a sparring partner for our PR specialist. In addition to participating in international projects, you will lead the development of a video channel to make our growing variety of products more tangible for interested and existing customers.
The ideal candidate is data driven and technical on one side, and on another, exhibits strong strategic thinking, experience in crafting world-class marketing campaigns for hospitality or retail/e-commerce businesses and has the energy and drive to own projects from ideation to execution.
- Lead, inspire and coach an interdisciplinary team of content, growth and PR specialists
- Ownership and expansion of all (new and existing) lead acquisition and revenue targets for the Hospitality and eCommerce industries
- Responsible for the regional marketing strategy, budget and execution of B2B initiatives to achieve our ambitious growth targets
- Identify relevant events and trade shows in line with the overall marketing and communications strategic plan, make recommendations on adequate presence and budget the various components
- Close cooperation with the sales team in the DACH region to identify local trends and define tactics to target vertical audiences
- Work with product marketing and other international marketing teams to develop, implement, monitor and evaluate the quarterly and annual marketing roadmaps, campaigns and projects
- Review and approve the content for the website and other assets in order to grow organic traffic and improve conversions
- Measure, evaluate and optimise campaign performance and measure the effectiveness of customer acquisition, cross-sell initiatives and re-marketing
- Develop strategies to grow awareness of the Lightspeed brand and its constantly growing product range in Germany and Austria
- Cooperate with the Acquisition Team to define the acquisition targets and the channels distribution
- Support the regional PR manager and the global communication team to identify media stories and customer cases that generate coverage
- Promotion of new partnerships and use of the extensive Lightspeed network; Expansion of relationships with national associations and organisations in the hospitality and retail sectors.
- Work with the Head of Marketing, EMEA to ensure that the campaigns respect the top line roadmap by product and in line with the department OKRs
What you should bring to the team:
- Ideally 8-10 years of marketing experience in the development and implementation of marketing roadmaps, campaigns and projects, from customer analysis to brainstorming to implementation
- Several years of experience in leading and coaching a cross-functional team
- Experience in product marketing, growth marketing or brand management
- Strategic and analytical leader with a customer-oriented focus and sense of ownership to deliver on business objectives and high-growth targets
- Excellent ability to identify marketing opportunities to acquire new customers and expand an existing customer base
- Excellent cooperation with executives from the areas of product, marketing and sales at various levels
- Experience in organising events with the aim of generating leads as well as the ability to measure and improve the success of these initiatives
- Proven ability to leverage and nurture partnerships with external partners
- Strong project management and communication skills to guide and influence stakeholders so that project goals and deadlines are met
- Excellent analytical skills with proven experience in handling data tools such as Excel, Looker or Jira
- Ability to keep track of parallel projects and goals
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Experience working with a global team/organisation
- A network in the hospitality and/or retail industry
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact
- Exposure to modern and proven technology
- Opportunity to learn and expand your skill set
- Become a valued part of the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family
- Flexible working policy
- Pension contribution
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Mental health online platform and counselling & coaching services
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- LinkedIn Learning license
- Volunteer day
- Transit benefit
- Monthly lunch, free food and drinks
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!