As a key member of Lightspeed’s dynamic in-house Content Marketing team, the Payments & Financial Services Content Specialist will be the voice of Lightspeed for our global Payments and Capital offerings, supporting initiatives that expand our reach into new and existing markets. The go-to expert on Lightspeed’s suite of financial solutions, you’ll support the Content and Marketing Managers on product launches, campaign execution and editorial planning, delivering copy for a range of projects on multiple channels. Your work will have a direct impact on positioning Lightspeed as the leading payments and financial services provider for the retail, hospitality and golf industries.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Working with content and marketing leads to manage and execute the Payments & Capital editorial calendar and implement strategies to drive traffic and leads
- Ideating campaigns and delivering polished, creative and impactful copy across multiple channels (display ads, email, video, blogs, social media, webinars, customer stories etc.) to support our go-to-market strategy
- Developing an in-depth knowledge of our key products, customers and business types, and building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Writing and managing content on our website, ensuring it follows style and UX guidelines and making recommendations for improvements
- Optimizing content performance with guidance from acquisitions and marketing leads
- Staying up to date on North American payments and finance industry news and trends
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- 2-3 years of experience in B2B marketing, copywriting or journalism
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of content marketing and industry trends
- Excellent people skills and the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams, from sales to product to support
- Ability to take complex concepts and explain them simply and briefly
- Strong empathy for users and a passion for creating technical content that connects
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills—equal parts creative and data-driven
- Outstanding writing skills and crazy attention to detail
- Ability to poke holes in copy—including your own—and iterate quickly
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Experience and contacts in the payments or finance industry
- Experience managing an editorial calendar
- Technical writing and/or journalism experience
- Intermediate to advanced SEO and web analytics knowledge
- Fluency in one or more of our global languages (French, Dutch, German)
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!