Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We’re looking for an Associate Technical Writer to join our Customer Content team in Manila. You will create cross-vertical content for our Help Centers and other customer-facing communication as we continue to grow into new markets and continuously improve the self-serve experience for our customers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Support the team to create and update engaging customer-centric content across verticals
- Identify content inconsistencies in day-to-day copy reviews
- Collaborate with Product Managers and other stakeholders to learn about updates to projects and product offering
- Assist with auditing and editing content to ensure consistency with style guide standards
- Work closely with our Localization Project Coordinator to translate content in supported languages
And a little bit of…
- Contributing as part of the wider team to achieve organisational objectives even if this means doing things that aren’t strictly within the scope of your role
What you need to bring:
Our team focuses on empowering business owners to learn, evolve, and thrive in an ever-changing market, we fuel growth with useful, relevant content that helps our customers meet their goals
We're looking for a candidate who has experience with the following:
- Exceptional English language writing and editing skills
- Excellent research and exploration skills
- Ability to work autonomously on multiple projects and manage priorities
- Experience working with voice and tone, style guides
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Understanding of retail, hospitality, and financial services industries and technologies
- Experience writing for video
- Experience with knowledge/content management tools (Zendesk Guide, WordPress, Salesforce Knowledge)
- Experience with localization tools (Transifex, LocalizeJS, OneSky)
- Experience with data tools (Zendesk Explore, Google Analytics)
- Fluency or working knowledge of other languages
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy and healthy:
- Participate in the Lightspeed global culture
- Competitive salary package
- Flexible Work from Home policy
- HMO for employee and 2 dependents
- 15 days Vacation Leave and 10 days Sick Leave
- Night differential (where applicable) and allowances
- Health and wellness benefit of 7500PHP per year
- Mental health online platform and counselling & coaching services
- LinkedIn Learning license
We partner with Inform Group to employ our Lightspeed workforce in the Philippines. Inform Group hosts Lightspeed employees who enjoy the benefits of the Philippine labour code combined with the full career opportunities provided by Lightspeed.
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!